Mumbai: Deadline of Online Admission (final round) for 2012-2013 Programmes has been extended by Institute of Distance & Open Learning (IDOL) of Mumbai University. New date will be applicable for B.A., B.Com., B.Sc. ( Comp. Sci., Nautical Technology),M.A., M.A. (Education) , M.Com.,M.A./M. Sc.(Maths), M.Sc. (IT, Comp. Sci.), PGDORM, PGDFM. For details visit website: www.mu.ac.in/idol OR www.mahaonline.gov.in
ONLINE ADMISSION SCHEDULE
10- 12 December, 2012 * (With Late Fees of Rs. 150/-)
Students are informed to check their eligibility of the course and other information from the prospectus available on: www.mu.ac.in/idol. Those students passing in supplementary examination (i.e. June to October, 2012) of the current academic year, will not be permitted to take admission in the next class for the same year for B.A., B. Com. & B. Sc. Computer Science. After filling the online application form, students should take two print-outs and submit the same along with necessary documents in the Institute before 13/12/2012.
Institute of Distance & Open Learning (IDOL)
Distance & Open Learning is a distinct approach to impart education to learners who are removed in space and / or time from the teachers or the teaching institution on account of economic, social and consideration. A need for such an approach was felt by the University of Mumbai and hence it established the Directorate of Correspondence Courses in the year 1971-72. In the year 1993, the Directorate of Distance Education was upgraded as ‘Institute of Distance Education’ It thus acquired a status as a ‘University Institution’.
SYSTEM OF EXAMINATION
Examinations are held each year for all courses. Learners who join in June-August are allowed to appear for the Examination in March/April of the following calendar year. Examinations are conducted at various centers in Greater Mumbai, Thane, Raigad, Ratnagiri and Sindhudurg districts only. The Examinations are conducted by Examination unit of I.D.E. for F.Y. & S.Y.B.A./B.Com. Courses and Examination Section of the University for T.Y.B.A./B.Com., M.A., M.Sc.(Maths), M.Com., P.G.D.F.M. & P.G.D.O.R.M. in the month of March-April/May. Supplementary Examinations are also conducted for Ex-students of our Undergraduate and Postgraduate Courses except PGDFM & PGDORM Courses during the month of October/November.
1) UGC NAAC has awarded 5 STAR rating to the University of Mumbai. Amongst the 500 Universities in the World. University with Potential for Excellence.
2) Curricular content, mode of examination and the degree to be awarded are the same as applicable to the colleges affiliated to the University of Mumbai.
3) Printed study materials are available in 240 subjects in English (also in Marathi in selected subjects only)
4) INTERNET & IVRS: - The information about admission, date of submission of exam form, exam time table, dates, centers, exam results and guidance lectures is released on Internet Website http//www.mu.ac.in
5) Audio-Visual Centre located at Vidyanagari provides for listening and viewing of Curriculum based Audio-Video cassettes.
6) Around every year 700 students have gone abroad for seeking higher Education.